Friday, April 30, 2010

hey dilli...sun zaraaaa..... meow 104.8 fm!



Welcome to meow 104.8 fm...India’s first just for woman radio station!

It started as a one man’s dream...Lived by many for almost 3 years before the dawn broke and it was time for another sunrise! It wasn’t long ago when talking was not a habit; but a therapy! It wasn’t easy for many to greet with a “Meow” rather than the usual “Hello” but they learnt!

I joined as an Assistant Producer and did Outdoor Broadcasts for the morning shows. I screened calls and decided who shall go on air and who should not! Traveled and explored Delhi like never before. Maybe many came and in 3 years saw attempts to package similar capsules but I saw and realized, if you not passionate about what you do, you better don’t do! Life in my case has certainly not been a bi*** ...I have invested not just time and patience but also something much above these called Loyalty! Shows happened some months later when my vigor to go on air was getting stronger. And thereby started another chapter to meow’s life called DIVYA’s MERI meow!!

Why would you be attached to your jeans, are you a coffee-holic?? Are you a gadget freak? Would you love somebody for looks or brains? Is there anything really called “Best friendship”????

Many such aspects of our daily life were brought up and many experiences shared! I will never forget my second show on “what do you think you were in your past life??” and replies came from “typewriters to thieves”! I will also never let go off my memory the edition on “your encounter with the supernatural!” and stories from people on ghosts, spirits and what not!!

God always has a plan in store and time took me to another level with a show called Meow Matinee- where I talked about 2 things that really keeps me happy- bollywood and cricket! The show also had topics like nostalgia and matinee club where we talked, discussed and felt nice! I made bonds on air and there were voices I waited to hear, maybe, just like some waited for me!

But like they say, all good things come to an end- the TALK too did! The words had to be cut down to be a market player. From an exclusive love, we were now moving to just another crush make over! Talk less, more music. For me, radio is a home. A dream i have lived and will do forever! But maybe what other radio people never had...and perhaps will never have...is a virgin experience of –TALK RADIO!!

So if next time somebody tells you “you talk just too much” ...Tell them ... “ it too needs an attitude!! “...for me that attitude is called MEOW!!

4 comments:

  1. its vry heart tuchin dvu..n n vnevr i tnk bou meow i jst gt speechless..v hv heart 2 heart cnctn vd u gals..u knw y u guys rok coz u guys blv in chuachoot..jahan tumne hamari zndgi k kuch anchue pehluon ko touch n tuch kia hai..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. definition of radio has changed,since the time accidently i gave my ear to your show 1 day....and now,i think i dont need any company while studying or travelling...
    keep the super work going...

    Annshu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly Mesmerising... ur long journey has started... and we as a listener r part of it.
    Divya u are real perfectionist at ur work
    I m sure one day will come wen people say "no one knows Radio better than DIVYA" if its Radio..then DIVYA IS BEST

    Ideas rule the world... keep bringing uniqueness thru ur unique ideas, new concepts...that wat makes u different

    Hardwork really pays divya "GOD BLESS U"

    ReplyDelete
  4. i see your blog nice divya please share a lot of your things here and please accept my friend request on facebook......

    ReplyDelete